Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bookies...


Wow! I can't believe a whole week has already
gone by! I honestly have no idea where it went.
I didn't even touch my camera this week, so I'll
share these pictures from a few weeks ago...


Every night before bed, Gracie Jo and Silas
are allowed to pick three books to bring to
bed with them. Almost every night when we
check on them, this is what we find. (There were
no books on the floor when we tucked them in.)
I'd like to put a hidden camera in their room to
see whether they actually LOOK at all these
books or just pull them out randomly and
throw them on the floor until they find 'the one'!
Regardless, I love that they love books.


This is Levi's favorite little reading nook. I don't usually
let the kids climb on top of here, but occasionally I'll
find Levi snuggled into this corner with a book.
I can hardly tell him no...I mean, you don't want to
discourage reading right? I love reading, always have.
So does Peter. For the first 5 years of our marriage
we didn't have a T.V., very condusive to reading,
and where we live now there is no reception so we're
definitely back into the books. I love seeing that
same passion in our kiddies! Here's to many hours
snuggled up together with our noses in the books!
Anyone reading anything good right now that we
should add to our list?

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I love that our kids love to read too! You have to read Mary Lawson's Crow Lake and The Other Side of the Bridge - set in a farming town in N.Ontario - great characterization and hard to put down.
    theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, my kids room looks like that every night too....they much prefer taking books to bed than stuffed animals. How are they when it comes time to clean up in the morning??

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great pictures Ange. They are young readers for sure.
    Our Marc (11) had the hardest time to get to read. Now he's on book 12 from "red rock mysteries" from Jerry B. Jenkins & Chris Fabry. It's Christian youth fiction. It's so nice to see your kids loving books. My favourite right now: "Sitting at the feet of Rabbi Jesus" Ann Spangler & Lois Tverberg. And everything about the old kingdom of Egypt. God called his people out of Egypt with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy. Keep those little ones interested in reading. You are laying the paving stones for success in and out of school by making reading a pleasure and a natural thing to do rather than it being a chore or an 'assignment.' Modeling is the number one way to do it. You get the Mommy and Daddy of the week award! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ange, I posted a comment but don't see it so I am posting again.

    I think the kids may have a difficult time picking out books LOL - What a great pic.

    I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Lemonade Stand blog award. You can check out all the details on my blog and then send the award to the people you nominate.
    Thanks Ange and I look forward to seeing you Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad we're not the only ones with a house that looks like that!!! Trenton does the same thing!!!! ;) xoxo Amanda

    ReplyDelete