Saturday, June 6, 2009

You would think...

This is what greets you when you enter our garage. One would wonder how many people actually live at our house?! And I'm embarrassed to admit that this is not even all of our footwear. The kids were playing outside when I took this picture (add 3 more pairs), Peter was away (another pair) and I was wearing my shoes. Plus, our 'good' shoes are inside the house in the closet. Yipes!! My only consolation is the fact that almost all of these are either hand-me-downs, gifts or from a second-hand store. Still...
Today is wedding #2 of the five we have this summer. Peter's in the wedding party, so he left for London yesterday already. I'll be meeting him there this afternoon. It sure was strange going to bed without him last night. I think the whole (almost) 7 years we've been married, we've only been apart overnight 7 times...and 3 of those nights were when I was in the hospital after the kids were born. Anyways, I can't wait to see him! The wedding party is going to be all decked out in tuxedos. I've never seen Pete in a tux - I may just swoon :) Hopefully I'll get some good pictures to share with you for next week. Hope you all have a lovely weekend! We're praying for a little rain here. The hay isn't cut yet, and the garden and crops could use a little watering. Just for the weekend - then bring on the sun and first cut! I have a feeling things are going to get busy. But first, the weekend! Enjoy! xoxox

2 comments:

  1. I love your shoe picture! I'm not posting ours, some have holes, to embarasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture that pile of shoes (minus a few boots), and that is what my front entrance! I love you and miss you guys! I think of you often!
    Love,
    Meghan & clan

    ReplyDelete