Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Because we all love beets...

I think beets must be one of the most beautiful vegetables.
I wish I could collect their colour and splash it everywhere.

I've always liked 'putting up' the beets.
It makes a beautiful mess.
And this year, my girl was right in the thick of it with me.

We started with the biggies, and next week
we'll do a few more batches and finish them up.

A bucket full o' beets.
They did beautifully this year, and hopefully
we'll get about a half dozen of these pails full.

Slices of scarlet jewels.

So delicious!!
Nothing like the first taste of beets, fresh from the garden.

Thou art worthy, Thou art worthy
Thou art worthy, O Lord
To receive glory, glory and honour
Glory and honour and power
For Thou hast created, hast all things created
Thou hast created all things
And for Thy pleasure they are created
Thou art worthy, O Lord
- P.M.M

It may seem like a silly little thing, but I can just imagine
how pleased God was when He created these beauties.
They sure bring me great pleasure!

What is putting beauty in your life today?

5 comments:

  1. Did you see my pics on FB....we enjoyed fresh beets from our garden too!! Love them!

    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diny Poot told us they used to have beets on Saturday just before all the clothes and kids got washed. Beauty, you make me think, so much to choose from, flowers, humming birds, a smile, a helping hand, lots of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit that I can't agree with the yummy taste, but your pictures are great! I am a little envious of the incredible garden you have...it must be the farmer in you both =) Can't wait to see you next beets lover =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me wish we had a garden with beets! Love the pictures! We are planning on going to the shower this coming Sunday -- can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beets are totally my favourites!!!! Someday I will have a garden and I will grow beets in them :)

    ReplyDelete