Monday, August 31, 2009

A whole bunch o' beans....

"He makes grass grow for the cattle,
and plants for man to cultivate—
bringing forth food from the earth."
~Psalm 104:14~


And so it begins...
When it's warm, we can pick this many beans each day...
I don't always mind the cool days :)

My favorite things about fresh beans

::the way they squeak in your teeth

::lifting up a vineful of leaves to find a hidden treasure of beans hanging beneath

::hearing the kids' bare feet thumping on the
hard-packed dirt as they run between the rows

:: A sweet little face or fingers, peeking at me
from the other side, through the thick, leafy green wall

::Gracie Jo asking me to tell Opa V, "when we get to heaven", about
what a good bean picker she is - "because he would be so proud!"

He would be, Gracie Jo. He would be.

5 comments:

  1. Amen to the proud as can be of you and your garden and your little helpers. Love your posts and pictures. God Bless and keep you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you were NOT exaggerating were you????? I so look forward to your posts... such a great reminder to look for all the little things in life to be grateful for... so grateful you're my friend.... Love you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure Gracie Jo also realizes that not only would he be proud that she is a good picker, but we also got to watch T.V. during the day, if we cleaned off the ends and snapped them in half. That was all part of being a good helper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooo sweet Ange. I love hearing about all your blessings that you receive. We move at such a fast pace in life we tend to have blinders on. I love reading your blog.

    PS - I have left you a blog award that you can pick up anytime on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sparrows, beans, beets, sink-swimming, toothbrush chewing beauties...you see God in everything, Ang. What a blessing you are. Joy and Peace. How did the appointment go today? Still praying for you! x

    ReplyDelete