Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wanted: Dead or Alive!!!

What do you get when you leave Silas and Levi alone
for 10 minutes with a bottle of chocolate syrup?
The following pictures are not for the weak of heart...

This little bottle of chocolate syrup looks so happy.
I, on the other hand, was not.

Off the stools...

...and down the hallway.

A stop at Jude's chair for good measure.

Apparently a quick attempt to clean some hands...

...which was promptly abandoned as the 'fun' continued.

The windowsill behind the couch provided a
very sneaky place to play...

...and chocolate hand prints on a leather couch look great too!


The fun quickly ended when Mom and Dad appeared.

But, one rented steam-vac, 2 jumbo bottles of cleaner,
and four hours later...

...and we sure have a nice, clean carpet.

So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings, see what God has done.

Well, I was wanting to get the carpets done...(shrug)

12 comments:

  1. Looks like things at the Koobs/ Meinens sure are getting the once over this January. I guess I'd better get cleaning too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers. That was quite the adventure those two had... little rascals! :P Just what you needed, eh? But yes, you did get a nice clean carpet out of the deal... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! that makes what my twins did look tame in comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a mess! It looks like they had fun though. I admire your ability to find the positive in it though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry but I just can't stop laughing!!! Jonathan says I have the gift of laughing at others when they are down and out. I guess that means I don't have the gift of compassion!! Really glad you got the mess cleaned up and nice 'new' carpets out of it!!
    Love you!
    Ja9

    ReplyDelete
  6. I CAN NOT STOP LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nuf said! I want 2 wake Titus up to show him the pics, but think I better wait til the morning.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word!!!

    It is amazing what adventures can be had in the span of 10 minutes. I can see you now upon discovering the trail of their adventure and I knew you would end this all with a positive thought.
    Priceless Ange, simply priceless.
    Love,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH-MY-GOSH!!!! That's all I can say!! Knowing you, you were probably as cool as a cucumber...but I hope a couple little boys learned their lesson....oh my, now I'm giggling about the situation!!! :D Good for you for looking at the positive!! :D Those carpets needed to be done anyways right!!! THAT will make for a great layout in the scrapbook!!! I'll make sure to keep the chocolate out of Silas' reach tomorrow!!!!! ;) Hope you have a great day Ange and that you're enjoying your newly cleaned carpets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is pretty incredible!!! Thank you so much for sharing this! It's such an honest picture of what can happen in a home with young children! LOL! I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones who get "creative". :)
    love ya! Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, I love the pictures. The contrast is wonderful, especially the one of the windowsill. It's pictures like these that make me wish for security cameras or the opportunity to be a fly on the wall because I can only imagine the delicious smiles on those boys' faces as they played, and played and played and played!
    Ongelooflijk!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - Ange! To echo the previous comments, congrats for finding the positive, I know I would not have done so very easily. Thanks for laugh on a monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. didnt our parents always say payback always catches up with you lol..all i can say is wow! heheh we love our kids , we love our kids, just keep saying over and over and over....

    ReplyDelete