Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How the West Won Our Hearts...and the most pictures in one post...ever

Our time out West was magical.
Honestly, words can't even begin to describe
what an incredible, amazing time we had.

So I'll stop typing and share are a few (okay, as many as
I can) of our favorite captured moments from our time away:

We drove into Lake Louise at night.
When we woke up in the morning, Peter opened the
curtains and exclaimed,
"Angela! Look! There's a MOUNTAIN
outside our window!"

Deer Lodge and Lake Louise were incredible.
It didn't quite seem real the whole time we were there.

Is he not the ca-utest little feller you ever did see?

One more shot, just for good measure.
Seriously, doesn't he just melt your heart?

And this shot...doubly melts my heart.
~Sigh~

For some reason, when I look at this picture, all I can
think is that we could have been in the hospital
instead of in a fairytale...

I still cry when I see this.


One of the best moments of the trip,
seeing my brother's face when Katie walked into the room.

Precious promises.

I wish I had a video of this dance because
it was the best wedding dance ever.
Joy. Love. Laughter. Delight.

A sweet little passenger on our hike around Lake Louise.

Opa VanVliet would have LOVED this.
Cheers....to Opa!!

Saying goodbye...Jude will miss your snuggles
Aunt Katie and Uncle Will!

Exploring small towns with my handsome man.

Oh, excuse me, Mr. Bull-on-the-Road!!!

We drove through hours of this.
A-ma-zing!!

Traveling through Southern Alberta constantly amazed us.

Small towns and BIG dreams

Beauty in the abondoned.

We need to take more pictures like this :)

What's not to love about a buffalo head that is
bigger than your ENTIRE BODY :)

Epic.

And nothing compares to the feeling of
going HOME.

Thanks for the memories.
Will and Katie, we love you SO MUCH.




4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! You got some AMAZING shots!!!!! I love the one of Pete against the wall!! And the trucks!! That one is one of my favs!! You had a HANDSOME little man with you!! And I got tears in my eyes when I saw their "favours"...the snow makes me shiver though!!! They can keep that!!!! SO glad you got away! You now know you can leave the kids for that length of time so no excuses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I love this post the most! LOL! I love what they did in lieu of wedding favors, what a brilliant idea! I love that you had so much fun! I love the pics and the beauty of our country and the company you kept, mostly I'm glad that Kate and Will are so perfect for each other... keep 'em coming my dear! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing. It looks like you had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right Ange. He is the sweetest and cutest thing in that little tuxedo/ suit. Wow - talk about a heart stealer.

    ReplyDelete