Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Eggs?

When Silas told me that Easter was about
candy and finding eggs from the Easter bunny
I realized we had a serious problem in our home!
Too much T.V. time and not enough moments
preparing my family to celebrate the
death and resurrection of our Saviour.

How had I missed this incredible chance
to share our Lord's deep love for our
children with them?

My heart was truly humbled and I was reminded,
again, how important my job as a parent is.

And, especially at times like this, is I am
so thankful for His grace!

So, in an attempt to connect the true
meaning of Easter with what the kids were
seeing all around them, we made our own
special eggs. These ones remind us of
the NEW LIFE that we have been offered
because of His death.

Our Easter egg, full of the story of Jesus' death and resurrection.

What's a good crafting time without lots of
newspaper (because when Levi paints, nothing
is safe!) and dad's old work shirts for smocks?

Can you tell Gracie likes painting just a bit?
This is our 'Sin Tin'.
We're just starting it, but when the oldest two
are in time out, they have paper and pencil to
write about or draw a picture of what they did.
Then we put the paper in the 'Sin Tin' and
pray about it together, telling Jesus we're sorry.
(And, yes, I think I will definitely will be adding
my own papers as well...) Once it gets a bit fuller, I
will empty the tin when the kids are not around.
Then we can talk about how Jesus forgives our
sins and they are GONE FOR GOOD!!
We'll see how it goes. If any of you have ideas
for explaining the concept of forgiveness to
3-5 year olds, I would love to hear them!

I love how Silas' tongue sticks out just a bit
when he's concentrating really hard :)

And, like I said, when Levi is painting - nothing is safe!
For some reason his brain translates "Only paint on the
PAPER!" to "I should probably put this stuff on my lips,
because that would be really fun!"

An egg-cellent egg-stravaganza of EGGS :)

And just as Christ was raised from the dead
by the glorious power of the Father,
now we also may live NEW LIVES.
~Romans 6:4~

We pray your Easter was a powerful reminder
of Christ's love for you.
May you walk in the new life he has given to you.
It came at such a high price.
And He did it
JUST. FOR. YOU.

Much love and Easter blessings,
from the Koobs Klan
xoxo



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I love the 'sin tin'. Where DO you come up with this stuff? Have I told you lately how awesome you are? J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Explaining forgivness to 3-5 year olds!!!?? What a HUGE question, how do you explain that to an adult??! Do we really grasp what forgivness is?? Anyway, when you figure it out let me know!!

    Love the sin tin idea! You are an awesome mom and God shines through you into your kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the first year that Josh understood good Friday and Easter.
    He mentioned to me on Friday morning(through tears) "Mom why did Jesus die? It makes me sad" Tim and I explained why, the hope we have and shared a few hugs.
    I agree, we have a very important job and I love it!
    The sin tin... never heard of that one, let us know how it goes. :)
    Keep up the posts, I enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete