Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spring - Volume One

Well, I've fallen a bit behind (understatement of the year)
here on the blog. A combination of slow internet and SPRING!
have definitely set back my computer time. We have so
much to catch y'all up on though, so hopefully I can find a
few minutes here and there to share our latest adventures
with you. These pictures were all taken in April...where
does the time go?...when we experienced a little pre-spring
spring. April played a nasty little trick, sending us lovely, warm,
growing, sunny days only to follow those with two weeks of
snow, rain, cloudy grey and dreary days. Booo!!That also may
have impacted the 'no post factor'. It was pretty depressing.
But I think it's safe to say that spring is back to stay!
So, without further ado, here's round one of our springtime fun:

If I had known a nice farmer boy who loved Jesus, I
would have gotten married straight out of highschool
because this is all I ever wanted. Memories of hours
spent in the cab of a John Deere tractor with snack packs
and my dad. It doesn't get much better than that. And now
seeing our sweet Silas boy sittin' pretty up there, makes
my heart ache with thankfulness for this family, this farm,
this life. Because, really, it doesn't get better than this.

And, as you can see, Silas completely agrees.
Tractor rides with Uncle Garry just can't be beat!


Levi meeting the tiller.
A love affair has begun.

Another 'helper' for Daddy.

Like father, like son.

While Levi and Daddy work hard getting the garden ready,
Gracie Jo works Silas hard in the fine art of soccer.

It's a good game, soccer.

Really, Silas doesn't care what's going on as long as
he gets to run and jump around outside. I'm not sure
how this boy survived the winter.

And what about our sweet little Ju-Jube you ask?
This is what he does while we're all outside
Such a happy little lark. Plus, he thinks
wind is hilarious. So that, and watching all of
our crazy antics, usually keeps him
occupied and happy for most of the time.

Oh, springtime, we do so love you!

"You heavens above,
rain down righteousness;
let the clouds shower it down.
Let the earth open wide,
let salvation SPRING up,
let righteousness grow with it;
I, the LORD, have created it."
~Isaiah 45:8~

What's your favorite thing about spring?

3 comments:

  1. New life, the sound of the birds singing in the morning, the smell of fresh grass/ foliage, the warmth the sun creates in my soul. I praise the Lord for the wonderful riches and blesses He has given unto me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyed your post as always, great pics as always... keep meaning to ask what kind of camera you have??

    ReplyDelete