Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Picture a Day: February 20-26

February 20, 2011
Visits at Oma's house always include bubbles...
even in February?

February 21, 2011
~Family Day~
I'll be honest, I was tired and grouchy this day.
And these pictures look fun, but when we were done
and the paint that said 'washable' on the bottles wasn't...
I *might have* sent Pete a text that said something like
"Painting with 'washable' paint that isn't, a crib, clothes
and baby covered in poo after nap time, and me being an
idiot and leaving groceries in the truck so they can freeze
and be ruined...can this day end already? Please??"
Anyways, I'm glad for these pictures because, looking
back at them now, they do make me smile. It's so easy to
miss out on the goodness when I pay more attention to
the messes and mistakes. (Note to self: remember this!)

February 22, 2011
'The Girls' sitting in the sunshine while their hair sets.
Gracie Jo is big into 'styling' these days :)

February 23, 2011
When a special friend found out Levi was allergic
to milk, she made him a package of dairy-free
chocolates for Valentines Day. As you can see,
he thoroughly enjoys them!

February 24, 2011
Surgery day for Jude :(

February 25, 2011
These flowers are helping keep things cheery around here.

February 26, 2011
Everyone's home and happy to be together again.
Things are quickly returning to normal...
Yep, perfectly normal...

I also changed Jude's dressings for the first
time today. I just about fainted (the wound
is healing really well, just way bigger than
I had thought it would be - Yipes!) but Jude
seems to think all this 'playing doctor'
business is, thankfully, real fun.

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me

and 90% of how I react to it.

-Charles Swindoll

Rejoice always;
pray all the time;
thank God no matter what happens.
This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.
~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18~

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love all your pictures but I must say, today I love your Charles Swindoll quote and your bible verse.
    Thank you Ange - Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the pictures. They are lovely. Give the kiddos some love for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uplifting, joy-filled and realistically written from the heart! x What a beautiful family. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture at the top of your blog. Great updates! Great to know that our family is not the only crazy family =)

    ReplyDelete