Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Picture a Day: February 27-March 5

February 27, 2011
Our friends came over after church today.
Jude was starting to go downhill so spent
most of the afternoon getting his bum changed
or crying on my lap. All of the other kids (7 between
our two families) have spring fever, so they were absolutely
nuts. We could hardly talk sometimes it was so loud.
I'm glad we have friends who don't mind
sharing our crazy life right now.
Also, the above two boys are trouble makers and
just imagining the two of them 10 years from now
makes me nervous -but I say that with a big smile :)

February 28, 2011

I'll be honest.
Today was pretty crappy.
Figuratively,
and literally.

While Jude's hand is healing really well,
his sensitive digestive system is not
handling the drugs from the surgery and
the pain medication very well.
Plus he's cutting 3 big, fat molars.









We're on our second load of diapers.
Which means I've changed over 2 dozen
poopy diapers today.


Days like this used to be normal.
In January, Jude's doctor gave him
a new subscription which has pretty
much ended those days.
So I'm *trying* to be thankful that
this is not a normal day anymore.
But it's still hard
and I'm tired.


He also has a nice rash all over his body
(I think it's just another way his body is
dealing with the drugs & medication) so
we've been hanging out in the bath a lot too.
Thankfully, Jude is just like our other kids
and would spend the entire day in the tub
if I let him, so it's a good way to soothe him
and his poor, itchy skin.

But when Daddy comes home there's
always lots of smiles! He doesn't normally
make it in before bedtime, so it's extra-special
to get an armful of pajama-clad boefies.
Looking at this picture just makes my heart
burst. Such a good way to end a hard day.
Thank you, Lord!

March 1, 2011
We got collard greens in our produce crate this week
from the co-op. I've never had them before, but after
finding this recipe I was hesitantly excited.

Success!!!
(Although, I may have doubled the bacon and
halved the greens {sheepish grin})

March 2, 2011
The boys were watching some basketball after lunch.
Apparently, the little boys weren't overly enthused.

March 3, 2011
The boys were rough-housing and crashed into
the hutch which holds this figurine that Peter gave
to me. I'm not very sentimental about most things but,
as I watched the figures fall to the ground and the head
crack right off, my first reaction was to burst into tears...

...but, after quickly seeing that the break could easily
be fixed with some superglue, I had myself a good
little chuckle because I think this is probably a very
good depiction of how Pete actually feels some
days around here. LOL!!

March 4, 2011
Gracie Jo always loves having another
little girl around. She's been repeatedly
hinting about how great it would be
to have a sister...
(insert my eyes rolling here - ha!)

March 5, 2011
Levi's favorites right now (in no particular order):

superheroes
puzzles
geography

It was a good day for him.

------

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
though the earth give way and the
mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
~Psalm 46:1-3, 7~

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the post and may the Lord grant you all a wonderful day today- one filled with love, smiles (and not too many poopy diapers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (smiling) So sweet and so much to be thankful for. I miss you dear sweet Angela. I hope to SEE you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete