Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Picture a Day : March 20 - March 26

March 20, 2011

I have held many things in my hands,
and I have lost them all;
but whatever I have placed in God's hands,
that I still possess.
~Martin Luther

So many of you have been asking how
our Jude is doing. So, for the record,
he is AMAZING :)
The surgeon did an incredible job and
Jude was such a sweet patient, hardly
fussing with all his dressings during the
healing period. His hand is completely
healed and other than looking strangely
at his scar a couple times a day (not
sure if he's actually wondering where
his thumb went or if the scar is maybe
still a bit sensitive?) he has fully recovered.
You can see in the picture how he grabs
things using his index finger - it's incredible
how right from the beginning he has
adapted to do whatever he wants.
Since he's not so great at high 'fives' anymore
we taught him how to do the fist pump.
It's pretty awesome.
He's pretty awesome :)


March 21, 2011
Mending on Mondays?

March 22, 2011
Little signs of spring are giving me hope...

March 23, 2011
...although today was a SNOW DAY!?!
Now, don't get me wrong, I love a good snow
day but I'm really.ready.for.spring.

So we all took turns wearing the moose hat.
Because how can you not have a good day when
you're wearing the moose hat?

March 24, 2011
These kids really love their bath.

March 25, 2011
When we were making our nightly rounds, we
found these two trouble-makers snuggled up
together in Silas' bed. Their shenanigans are cute
now, but I have a feeling these brothers are going
to be quite a precarious pair the older the get!

March 26, 2011
When I asked Gracie Jo what the yellow things
were she replied, quite pragmatically,
"They're for fashion, Mom."
Of course. For fashion.
Why didn't I know that?


This is the day the Lord has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it!
~Psalm 118:24~

4 comments:

  1. Every Sunday evening or Monday morning, I am always excited to see what is new on your blog.
    Just looking at pics with you and your wonderful energetic children, makes me look forward for when Sadie and her future sibling get older. Thank you for spending some moments of you day and writing your blog. Love always...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm expecting another snowfall in April, so don't get too hopeful yet. Mwahahahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we need warmer weather!
    So nice to see you at the library this evening Angela...what a doll you are to say hello:)
    Cheers and Happy Spring to you and your family!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to add:
    So happy that little Jude is recovering so well and that his hand is healing...PTL!
    He is such a brave trooper!
    hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete