Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Giving Thanks: February 9-15

9. Sun
I love how the sun falls through the front door
windows in the mornings.

10. Self-portrait
My feet have already disappeared completely.
Yipes!
At my last check-up I was measuring about 3 weeks
ahead of my dates...the result of 5 pregnancies in 7
years (and everything slowly falling apart )
or another 9 lb. baby? We'll see!!

11. Something that makes you smile
Jude decided to wear his life jacket today.
All. day. long.
It made me very happy every time I
looked his way :)

12. Red
Four rosy-cheeked kiddos, enjoying hot chocolate after
playing out in the snow.

13. Blue
The dryer out in the barn broke this week.
Instead of paper towels, we use cloths to wipe our cows'
teats...meaning 2 extra loads of laundry a day.
I thought about complaining and then realized how
thankful I am for a working washer and dryer in
our house!!!

14. Hearts
Gracie and I sewed up these little heart garlands for our
love day celebration. I love having a daughter who loves
being crafty with me :)

Another garland for our new 'family' shelf.

So far we have a picture of the first home farm of
Wallaceview Holteins, our little family tree (which,
thankfully, has a open branch just waiting for a picture
of our newest sweetpea), my Willow Tree figurines from
important parts of our family's story and a mirror with
one of our favorite verses: "The boundary lines have
fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a
delightful inheritance." ~Psalm 16:6

15. Quote
I'm not sure where this quote came from,
but it's carrying me me through the crazy days.
And it really is true, when I start to get overwhelmed
and feel things slipping out of control...remembering
Who is in control and resting in His presence has
definitely helped changed my attitude. Not that
I'm a lovely, gentle, patient mama all the time
(far from it!) but learning to walk through my
days giving thanks, being more aware of God's
presence in the every day little moments, has
definitely increased the peace in our home.

“I am leaving you with a gift—
peace of mind and heart.
And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.
So don’t be troubled or afraid."
~John 14:27 (NLT)~

1 comment:

  1. Looks to me like Jude is just practicing to come camping with Oma and Opa. He figures is he shows us how safe he can be, then he should be able to come along........

    ReplyDelete