Friday, March 9, 2012

Picture a Day: February 8th

This day's prompt was "Front Door".
At first I thought it was kinda dumb - I mean, really, who
cares about a front door? But, after thinking about it for a bit
(and a little conversation with a faraway friend), I realized
that many of our family and friends haven't been to our
home since we moved last spring. So here's a little
peek for all of you (Joyce!) who've been trying to
picture the place that we putter around in.
Who knows, maybe in the next little while I'll
take a few more pictures and give y'all a little
virtual tour so you can feel right at home :)

~Our front door~
Welcome!!

Some of our favorite family pictures

A little corner of heirlooms and treasures

The first door on the left is a washroom, beside that
is our guest room (come on down!) and the doors
on the right are closets.

Remember the piano that "fell" off our porch?
I couldn't resist snagging a few pieces to repurpose for
ourselves. While it was horrible sounding and falling apart on the
inside, the frame and detailing of the woodwork on the outside
was really beautiful. A little bit of sanding, some lacquer and
chalkboard paint and we have a great reminder of our first
piano...and of what's really important.

Some of my favorite Heather Baily fabric in embroidery
hoops and a quote that, while I believe it with my whole
heart, I still need to be reminded of on occasion. This little
group of words, prints and colours makes me so happy!!

Although we've been here for almost a year now, there
are still lots of bare walls, windows and places begging for
a little 'personal touch'. And while I have lots of ideas (and
boxes of thrifted goodness and DIY projects to go with them)
somehow I have a hard time finding the time and energy to
tackle them. I am a geeky little crafter and I look forward
to making this house our home...but I also know that what
happens within these walls is a lot more important than
what's hanging on them!

Even the sparrow has found a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may have her young—
a place near your altar,
LORD Almighty, my King and my God.
~Psalm 84:3~

Praying your homes find you near the altar
of our great Father and King.
Blessings!
The Koobs Klan

1 comment: