Friday, June 22, 2012

A Picture a Day: April 15-21

 April 15th// A very special bag of goodies from some very sweet church friends.
"Big brother presents" put big smiles on these boys' faces.
And just in case you were wondering, the bags of stinky soft plastic jigs weren't for
the boys. It's Peter's birthday today, so he had his own special bag of goodies.
He also got a new fishing rod, so we have four boys with extra-big smiles in our house today!

 April 16// We don't usually let the kids use our camera. It's nothing fancy, just an old Canon
point and shoot, but it's all we've got. So I hesitated when Gracie Jo asked me if she could take
a picture of Katie and I...but, boy, am I glad I said 'yes'! Thank you, sweet girl, for capturing
this precious moment. Looks like we may have a budding photographer on our hands! :)

 April 17th// Cra-zay Sistahs!

 April 18th// The kids like to rummage through the recycling and create 'stuff'. Usually they just
make random things and a huge, ginormous mess which drives me nuts. 
But every now and then they come up with something that's worth the million itty bitty 
pieces of cardboard on the floor. This simple little ditty is a perfect example. 
Jude babbles away all day but most of what he says isn't quite understandable yet. But throw
on the Kleenex box shoes and Cheerio's helmet and he shuffles around stating very clearly,
"I a wobot. I a wobot" in perfectly modulated robot-ese.
We all burst out laughing every time...and it even makes me smile a little while I'm
 cleaning up those million little pieces of cardboard :)

 April 19th// Katie has been claiming her spot on the nap couch with Daddy

 April 20th// We got the most incredible package in the mail from California this week!
My cousin Jason and his wife Rowan are the most amazing, talented knitters I know
(and I know some serious knitters!) and they sent Katie this beautiful blanket
I did get some nice pictures with it...but this one just makes me laugh!
xox Thank you so much for the sweet stitches!! xox

April 21st// Jude always, always steals these red shoes from Gracie Jo's dress-up
box. He is a pro at wearing them - he can even navigate the stairs without tripping!
Every time I hear the 'clomp-clomp-clomp' across the wooden floors I get the
biggest smile on my face. I mean, really, isn't he just the cutest thing??

For you make me glad by your deeds, LORD;
I sing for joy at what your hands have done.
~Psalm 92:4~

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing Angela. I think of you and your family often, so it's so nice to see how you are doing. You have such adorable children :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that my favorite red shoes are still making someone very happy. I'll have to find the red hat that went with the shoes.....

    ReplyDelete