Thursday, July 12, 2012

Little Boys with Blossoms

 ~May 3, 2012~
 Badly needing a little bit of peace and quiet, I kicked sent the boys outside and snuggled in with Katie for a cozy little nursing session. Not five minutes later, I heard doors banging open and cries of,
"M-o-o-o-m-m-y! Come here!!" 
"What is it?"
"We have something for you!"
"Can you put it on the steps? I'm just feeding Katie."
"No - we have to give it to you!"
~SIGH~
With Katie still nursing away, I maneuver us up out of the couch cushions and to the barn room. Three boisterous boys, their fists full of colour, met me there...
 



I'll be honest, my stomach cringed when I saw those already-wilting blooms pouring out of their palms. Those fists full of tulips meant the boys had tromped through the flower beds and I could only imagine the shambles they had left behind. (Of course, Gracie Jo was away, visiting with Oma. I take for granted the amount of destruction and bad ideas that are diverted when she's around...) After a steadying breath, I remembered that I don't really care that much about the flower beds. Yes, I love their beauty, but the amount of time and work they take to maintain is so beyond me right now. And there are so many more important things in my life - like these three boisterous boys with blossoms in their hands, for me. I quickly grabbed the camera and, still balancing Katie at my chest, snapped away because I know that very soon these precocious little boys will be all grown up. And I'll be wishing they were still stomping through my gardens, demanding me to come and get their love. Even now, I'm looking at these pictures and smiling at these sweet, crazy sons of mine and thanking God for trampled flower beds, cheeky grins and bitty blossoms.




4 comments:

  1. Beyond precious Angela! You captured the essence of simple joys and blessed beauty!
    Your boys look so adorable with their fists full of tulips and you wrote this so well!
    You will never forget this! You will need to compile your blog into a book...for all of you to enjoy!
    Rest up and we will visit soon...
    Rain, Rain, don't go away,
    we want you to come and stay...
    for a few days anyway!
    love to you,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply...beautiful...thank you for sharing your heart. A beautiful family, indeed! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the craziness...makes me smile as we are living a similar life =) It passes so quickly so I try not to get wrapped up, but since I too am a few too many blogs behind, I will live in the craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sis one of the most precious posts yet! LOVE the reminder!

    ReplyDelete