Thursday, October 25, 2012

Strawberry Fields Forever

Strawberries were not easy to come by this year. Thankfully, my mother-in-law came across some beautiful, amazingly priced, pre-picked berries on her way out to visit Grandma, so we were able to have a couple flats to work our way through. 

 
I was so grateful to get the strawberries that we did. I'm so thankful for all the jam in our cellar and freezer.
I still remember how much we all enjoyed the strawberry sandwiches and smoothies.
I also remember that, by the end, my littlest berry and I had had enough.
Not sure what I was thinking when I starting making jam with a 2-month old baby in the house? 
Oh, right! How glad we would be when we devoured the sweet, sticky, jam-my goodness this winter. 
We already broke into our strawberry stash and, guess what?
The crazy? It was totally worth it.
Grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment