Friday, March 29, 2013

Grateful

I know homeschooling isn't everyone's 'thing' and , I'll be honest, we have days around here when I wonder if it's our 'thing'...Being a dairy farmer's wife, raising five kids, homeschooling - there's a lot of days when I feel overwhelmed, ill-equipped and unqualified to do what I do. Thankfully, when I'm questioning my abilities (and my sanity?) God often sends me the most beautiful reminders that my job is just to follow Him. And being His child doesn't come with any prerequisites. In fact, when I am at my weakest, He is at His strongest. "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." (2 Corinthians 12:9)  Monday was such a gift for me. Tromping out in the woods with our homeschool group made me unspeakably grateful for the precious opportunity we've been given as parents and families in homeschooling. What a treasure this day was and, when I need a reminder for 'whether this 'homeschooling thing' is really what we should be doing?',  I'll look back at these pictures and rest in Him.



//brothers, learning side by side


 // fathers and daughters

 //servant hearts

                     //mamas with their little ones

                                   //mamas with their not-so-little ones


//Farmer Husband gets in on the sweet-memory making

 //these two sweet turkeys

 //listening + doing = boys learning

//and this is what we call 'hands-on (in?) learning :)

Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
 but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.
~Proverbs 19:21

No comments:

Post a Comment