Saturday, May 25, 2013

Your Love is all Around

I woke up this morning to a delicate white haze covering everything. In the early morning light of the moon, I wasn't quite ready to attest to what I was seeing. But as the sun slowly crept over the horizon I couldn't deny it any longer.
Frost. Sparkling from every blade of grass, blossom and field. My heart sank. 
The frost quickly melted away, lying now only in the shadows.
I'm not sure what this will mean for our crops this year. 
Somehow, it seems fitting though.
 
I have to admit, I was already feeling a bit low. When I took these pictures, wandering through our yard the other evening, I wondered how all this beautiful life could be swelling up out of the earth. Was there no regard for the lives near and far that, at the very same time, were tragically experiencing such utter devastation? How could everything keep going on like normal here when so many others' lives, literally and as they've known them, have ended?
Then His Word gently rebuked my despairing heart.
His Word. The only Hope.
 " Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade.This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time." - 1 Peter 1:3-5
How quickly I forget that this world is not my home. And I don't ever suffer alone.
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up." - Hebrews 12:1-3




  "Majesty enthroned in beauty,

 
    All my life, Your love pursues me
    and I'm found in You

    Oh Holy One, the King of glory
    You're the Author of my story
    and I'm found in You.

    'Cause You give me life and lead me to find
    Your grace and Your mercy, given so freely

    Your word is my light, it leads me to find
    Your comfort and healing, the hope that I'm needing

 
   Your love is all around; Your love is all around.


    Oh Living One, You reign forever
    Drawing me into Your presence
    and I'm found in You 

    Oh Great Redeemer, Precious Savior
    You are faithful, though I wander
    and I'm found in You

    And I hear Your voice
    I hear the words You've spoken
    This love is Yours
    This love restores the broken

    This is all my hope and peace
    Nothing but the blood of Jesus
    This is all my righteousness
    Nothing but the blood of Jesus

    Oh, precious is the flow
    That makes me white as snow
  
    No other fount I know
    Nothing but the blood of Jesus


 
We do not have all the answers about why we suffer,
but we do know what the answer cannot be.
It cannot be that God doesn’t see or care,
for he sent his own Son to enter into our suffering.
And it cannot be a hopeless situation, 
for he conquered sin and death by raising his Son from the dead.
                 ( Journey to the Cross, pg.62, The Gospel Coalition )


*Words above are excerpts from the hymn 'Nothing but the Blood'
  and lyrics to the song 'Your Love is All Around' by All Sons and Daughters.
  Listen here .





5 comments:

  1. stunning beauty in word and picture...love all your photos, love the comfort of those songs...thank you for sharing friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, we cling to HOPE in a broken world...meditating on this lovely blog post and on His word for us...The God of all comfort....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we can ponder these things together, Joanne. So grateful for the community of faith we can share. Praying He meets you with peace, hope and joy for your day. His Love is, indeed, all around! xo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. our hope is found! May you stand firm in His love, peace, hope and joy today, Anja. Have a blessed Sunday! xo

      Delete