Monday, July 15, 2013

Never a dull moment...

 The kids and I got Pete a hammock for Father's Day. I had visions of quiet coffee breaks, afternoon naps in the shade, little readers rocking away with their books in a gentle breeze. And it was as blissful as I hoped...until the boys discovered that if you pushed each other realllly hard you could actually flip the whole thing around and have a 360 degree swing. Ya....
...4 hours at the ER and an appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon later I was definitely weighing out the pros and cons of that collarbone-breaking contraption. I won't lie, those first few days were rough around here. Thankfully, things settled down as they inevitably always do - did you know that crazy is our normal? :) We were referred to a wonderful ortho-surgeon who is an answer to prayer. He was familiar with Jude's Sprengel's deformity and his knowledge, combined with his genuine care for and rapport with Jude, set this mama's heart instantly at ease. So grateful, too, for the family of Christ surrounding us and covering us with their prayers. You know those times when you can physical feel the power of prayer and watch that unfold before your very eyes? This was definitely one of those times. Thank you for lifting us before His throne.
  Jude is doing amazingly well, astounding us daily with what he is able to do and how he is recovering. Throughout it all, he has had such a sweet and accepting spirit - not once complaining or being frustrated or discouraged by his initial limitations. He is such an example to me about being content no matter what the circumstances. So grateful for the grace-filled reminders God continues to send my way. 
 And now? Well, really, for anyone who saw him and didn't know him, you wouldn't even realize he's running, climbing, swimming, and playing with part of his collarbone just floating around in his shoulder. That's our boy :) We continue to visit the ortho-surgeon in KW every other week for xrays and appointments, just to make sure everything is healing the way it's supposed to but, other that that, we're back to normal around here. And you know what that means... :)

 I always thank my God when I pray for you because I keep hearing about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all of God’s people. And I am praying that you will put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ. Your love has given me much joy and comfort for your kindness has often refreshed the hearts of God’s people. ~Philemon 1:4-7 (NLT)

3 comments:

  1. I'm really hoping that Jude's other arm is just tucked behind his back...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing Ange! :)

      Delete
    2. LOL!! I never even noticed that until you mentioned it. Too funny! It's too bad it's not closer to April Fool's day - I could make up a story about them deciding to amputate and see who falls for it ;)

      Delete