Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Silas is Seven!

Silas John, what to say about you? I'm not sure my words could do justice to the tender, compassionate, excitable, silly and wise little soul that you are.  You are constantly amazing us with your understanding of God's Word and how it penetrates your heart. We learn so much from you and your heart towards those who are hurting or unsaved is a constant example and inspiration to us. We pray that as you continue to grow, we won't get in the way of who God has designed you to be and will learn how to shelter and protect that sensitive and compassionate spirit of yours. You love your video games and the computer, which is a constant source of grief for this mama, but really and truly it's who you are. So I valiantly try to find and teach a healthy balance for you between the plugged-in world and the real world. I'm glad for your forgiving heart as I often stumble in this. Your favorite game right now is Skylanders Giants and you absolutely love it when Uncle Ken comes over to play Wii with you. Your favorite hymn is still 'Take My Life and Let It Be' and, after going Conestoga Bible Camp this summer,  you'll sing 'Days of Elijah' over and over and over again with Gracie. Silas, we are so blessed to be your parents and love to watch you grow and develop your body, mind and heart. God's got big plans for you, little guy, and we pray you continue to hold fast to Him. We love you so much, Silas John! Happy birthday, to the most stellar seven-year-old we know! xo

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe Silas is seven already! Happy belated birthday!
    Also, Nancy has to be one of the most creative people when it comes to fruit. I think I want one of those for my birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the exact same things!

      Delete